What we are all going through right now is scary and surreal. The range of emotions we are all going through run the gamut as we try to navigate the landscape of our new normal.
We are trying to be proactive, maintain social distance and hopefully mitigate the impact that corona virus may have if we don’t take responsible precautions.
This could go on for some time and it will start to get difficult physically and emotionally. We’ve done a little research and we want to give you some guidelines to help you navigate this difficult time.
If you are confined to home for an indefinite period of time, here are some tips for daily life.
- Maintain your daily schedule as you do now. Wake up at the same time. Follow the same hygiene ritual as you normally do. If you're working from home, try to stay on the same work schedule as you do when you are at work. If you’re not working you will still benefit from creating a daily schedule. The kids should maintain their same schoolwork schedule as well. Try for as normal a day, as it would be, as possible.
- Keep up social interaction. Even though we cant be together physically, it is important to be with friends and family emotionally. Touch base online and on the phone. Stay connected. It is a good guard against depression and makes us feel like we are in it together.
- Exercise! If you are currently working out daily, keep it up. If you haven’t been exercising regularly, now is the time to start. Your sanity will thank you!
- Practice meditation. It’s not hard and it will really help you keep the calm through this tough time.
- Get outside. Social distance still allows the great outdoors to be part of our therapy. Walk with the family, get out in the sun, and take a deep breath. Do it daily.
We’ll bring more information to you as we find it. You are on our minds and we hope that you are holding up during this uniquely tough time. We’re here if you need us. 🙏💖