The holiday elves are here, and they want to tell you, “It’s ok! Enjoy the holiday meal. Have a holiday cookie. Nothing bad is going to happen.”
If your 80/20 rule becomes the 70/30 rule, or even 60/40 for four or five days, you will be fine. You won’t wake up and suddenly not recognize the person staring back in the mirror. You won’t find yourself crying in a corner with a half eaten pecan pie in your hand. You won’t jump up on the office printer and photocopy your underwear while eating two Christmas cupcakes and chugging a quart of eggnog. Well, you might, but that requires a different conversation.
All I’m saying is, enjoy the holidays. Have fun. Eat some good food and don’t be hard on yourself. If you promise to do that, then I will give you some tips to make it a little easier to navigate.
- Remember your protein. In the quest to consume every holiday treat we ever loved as a kid we forget about protein. It is important and it is sating. Keep your protein up.
- Don’t forget your fruits and veggies either.
- Keep your workout routines as regular as possible. If you can’t, find a way to move. Use more energy and feel better.
- Start your days off as clean as you can. Don’t have cranberry bread and nothing else for breakfast like I did this morning! Keep it clean early, it’ll stay cleaner longer – your diet that is.
- Hydrate. It’ll make your sugar hangover much less painful. Drink lots of water.
- Once the holidays are over, get back to it!! The longer you stay on the road, the harder it is to get off. Get back to your good eating, good sleeping, meditating, exercising, you are so awesome life as soon as you can.
I hope this is helpful. We love you. We want you to have a great holiday. You will probably hear from us again before the year is out. Until then, enjoy!
Combine the power of healthy eating with the power of Pilates to reach your fitness goals. Start your year off with the Pilates Wheel, and reap the benefits of machine Pilates right in your own home.